small business, marketing has become more critical than ever. As more and more brick and mortar sales go to the internet, Search Engine Optimization based on local business approaches, Search Engine Marketing for small business, and traditional small business marketing techniques must all be employed to reach your customers.
It is a normal human condition to wait until the last minute to do things. I certainly fall into the normal range in that regard. But, at least for 2011 I am turning over a new leaf in that department. Here is a list of goals for 2012 that I will apply to my business, and that very likely apply to every one of your businesses. Over the next 30 days, these will be detailed out at on this blog. Be sure to subscribe or set up a feed so you don't forget to see the rest of the story.
While our marketing company, Randy Kirk and Associates does not generally take on project based work we are going to make an exception for two types of products over the next 90 days. It is so critical for most of you that you have Mobile Websites and Mobile Apps, that we are going to take those projects. The balance of the items on the list are all things that we do, but are only offered as part of an ongoing retainer.
As always we are offering free DIY advice for all these elements on this blog. Please help yourself.
For almost all of us, excellent execution on even a portion of this list would result in a 20% increase in sales or more.
1. Mobile website appx $700
2. Mobile Ap appx $750 plus $70 a month
3. Add Google Plus Page and Google+ to all online resources
4. 50 online videos
5. Double email list - Send out 12 - 48 emails
6. 10 blog post per month. Videos will create most of those
7. Mobile blog
8. Reputation management
9. Maintain or improve rank of primary website and Google Places
10. Use push notification on text list and Apps
11. Improve Customer Service
12. Add a profit center
13. Improve margins
14. Improve closing ratio
15. Continue to increase activity on all Social Media
16. Continuous effort on back links to websites and videos