Monday, April 29, 2013

5 Basic Steps to Success in Law Practice SEO and Social Media

Effective Use of Internet Marketing Can Dramatically Improve Lawyer Office Income


"I just don't have the time or the energy to stay on top of Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Linkedin.  I haven't ever seen a Pinterest site.  My kids talk about Instagram and Tumblr, but I have no idea how or why I should use them in my business.  Write a blog?  You must be kidding.  Do some videos?  I'm sure they are effective, but I wouldn't know where to start.  My website seems just about right, but I'm not sure if I get any new clients from it.  SEO on the site?  No idea!"

Does that sound like your Legal Practice?  If yes, then you are not alone.  That is exactly how most attorneys view their internet marketing effort, assuming they think about it at all.  In fact, unless you are in the minority, you don't really spend much time thinking about other elements of marketing that have nothing to do with the internet like:
  • Networking
  • Events
  • Teaching
  • Local advertising on radio, mail, newspapers, television
  • Newsletters 
For some lawyers, business has been ok during this recession.  For others it has been a disaster.  Many of my legal clients tell me they have never had to advertise or promote before 2008.  Now even the best firms are trying to figure out the new normal in promoting a legal practice

You Can Start to Build a Powerful Internet Presence Now to Create Long Term Business for Any Economy

Step 1.  Create 5 YouTube Videos Per Month - It doesn't take more than 2 hours to shoot them, and another 5 hours to edit. 

Step 2.  Set up a blog as a subdomain of your website.  I suggest you use Blogger, as it is much easier to use than WordPress.  Do three posts per week.  Use the videos as one of those three posts.  Embed the video and write a short paragraph or two to tease the video.  Write about legal matters that will be interesting to you core demographic, and write it using words they will relate to.

Step 3.  Set up Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Google+.  It should take you about 5 hours each to set these up and make them look nice.  Do you know someone who likes doing this sort of thing.  Pay them.  Promote your YouTube Videos and blog posts on these sites.  It will take you about 15 minutes a day to put something up on each site.

Step 4.  Gather thousands of emails.  Use every method you can think of to gather emails.  Send out one email blast per month.  Promote your social media sites, blogs and videos, and talk other things that will be interesting to your clients.  Promote seminars or webinars

Step 5.  Set Your Practice Up and Claim Your Listings Everywhere Online.  Google Place, Google+ Local, City Search, Yelp, Hot Frog, YellowPages.com, AVVO, Lawyers.com, etc. 

That's it.  At least for the Internet side.  Easy!  But I have one more secret to share with you.  This one is the most important of all.  You will be SHOCKED when I reveal the truth about your future internet effort.  Ready?   Scroll down.

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
Your not going to do any of those.  Maybe you'll start a blog, but you'll give it up after two months.  You should do all of the above.  I can give you testimonial after testimonial of how this is working for lawyers.  I have law clients who are getting 100 unique visitors per day to their YouTube videos, 1000 unique visitors per month to their blogs, and dozens of impressions per day on their Google Places.

Here is an alternative solution that you can try.  Hire Randy Kirk & Associates.  We'll do all of the above for you. 

Call me right now!   310-910-1848.  You won't get a clerk or a salesman.  Just me. 



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: